Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
The FCE is a functional test to determine an individual’s ability to perform the physical requirements of a specific job. This evaluation process insures a good match between the worker and the essential functions of the job.
Mayo Clinic Health System Occupational Health administers a wide range of pre-placement exams to meet the specific needs of individual employers. These exams are conducted to
- Match the employee’s capabilities with the demand of the job
- Evaluate existing health conditions with respect to potential aggravation by job duties
- Provide baseline data for future comparisons
Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) guidelines are observed.
Service delivery points
- Mayo Clinic Health System — Franciscan Healthcare, La Crosse
- Mayo Clinic Health System — Franciscan Healthcare, Onalaska
- Mayo Clinic Health System — Franciscan Healthcare, Sparta